Category: About Us
PDG Jason Chan – DG 2010-2011
Jason Chan [陳澤華]
is a registered professional surveyor.
He has been a Rotarian since January 1995 when he became a member of Rotary Club of the Peak and is a Major Donor to The Rotary Foundation.
He served as club president in 2003-2004. He was the Deputy District Secretary and District Fund Raising Chair (HK) in 2004-2005, Deputy District Secretary (HK) in 2005-2006 and Secretary for District Training Committee in 2005-2007, Assistant Governor for Area 5 in 2006-2007 and District Rotary Foundation Public Relation Chair Sub-committee Chair in 2007-2008.
PDG Ada Cheng – DG 2009-2010
Ada is a graduate in Business Administration from the United Kingdom and has been a qualified Chartered Secretary and an Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators since 1990.
Ada is currently the Senior General Manager, Human Resources of Offshore Incorporations HK Limited (“OIL”), which is the largest and longest established company formation specialist in Asia serving professionals with worldwide incorporations. Ada is responsible for all matters related to Human Resources for all offices within the Group, which has over 200 professional staff.
PDG Albert Wong – DG 2008-2009
Albert is a Professional Financial Consultant and Qualified Financial Planner, he is a qualified accountant and holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Banking and Finance. He also possesses many professional and academic designations of various countries.
PDG Peter Wong – DG 2007-2008
WONG Shiu Hoi, Peter,
Managing Director and Chief Executive of Taifook Securities Group Limited, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in August 1996, holds a Master of Business Administration Degree from the University of East Asia in Macau (currently known as “the Macau University”). He possesses over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is also an independent non-executive director of a number of Hong Kong listed companies.
PDG Tony Wong – DG 2006-2007
Membership and offices held in social and civic organizations :
- Chairman of Board of Directors (2004-2006) – Cognitio College (1979) Ltd. – The Sponsoring Body of Cognitio College (Hong Kong) & Cognitio College ( Kowloon)
- Chairman of Cognitio College Alumni Association Ltd. (1999-2005)
- Current Committee Member; Life & Voting member of South China Athletic Association since June, 1989
- Chairman of Ruffian Association, Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club (2000-2001) & Social Secretary (1998-2000)
- Member of Group 16 – Federation of Hong Kong Industries
PDG Peter Wan – DG 2005-2006
Peter K. T. Wan,
a Certified Public Accountant, is a partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers, Hong Kong. He has over 30 years of experience in auditing serving a wide range of clients. He is a Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK.
Peter has been a Rotarian since October 1991 when he became a member of Rotary Club of Tolo Harbour. He served as Club President in 2000-01 and became a Paul Harris Fellow in that year. Peter is now a Major Donor.
He began to serve the district immediately after completing his term as Club President.
PDG Alexander Mak – DG 2004-2005
PDG Alexander Mak
• 29 years of experience in the taxation field.
• Alexander got his Bachelor of Social Science degree from the University of Hong Kong and is an associate member of the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants, the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong and the Taxation Institute of Australia.
• Alexander was formerly an assessor with the Inland Revenue Department. He joined Ernst & Young in 1980 and worked in the firm’s Tax Department for 24 years. He became a partner of E&Y in tax services in 1992 and took an early retirement in January 2004 to pursue his governorship of Rotary International District 3450 and also his own business. He has extensive experience in Hong Kong corporate and individual tax planning and has assisted a vast number of clients in South East Asia in developing effective tax strategies to minimise their tax exposure in the region.
• As an expert in HK, US and international taxation, Alexander is frequently invited to speak at tax seminars organised by various professional associations and educational institutions. He is a frequent contributing author to various local and international newspapers and professional journals.
PDG Jones C.H. Wong – DG 2003-2004
A personal profile of Jones C.H. Wong
a personal profile….. an ambulance brigader….. an air cadet officer …… an honorary citizen….. a Scout ….. a scuba diver….. a Rotarian….. a father….. a husband….. and what else?…..?
Jones C.H. Wong was born in Hong Kong on the seventh day of December 1941 when he came in the right time to join the Pacific War. After the World War II, he was well educated in Hong Kong, and now he is a successful merchant of costume jewelry — the owner of Jones Winner Corporation Ltd. which was established in 1966.